Applications are now closed
Thank you to everyone who applied to TELUS Fund's 2018 Special Call for Web Series. Applications are now closed.
In the coming weeks, TELUS Fund will be evaluating all eligible applications and will inform applicants of development funding decisions in the week of October 29, 2018
We will be looking for stories that engage our emotions and have the potential to change the way we think and feel about providing care. Stories that share knowledge in entertaining ways, build empathy for better health care and social policies, and drive those in need to resources and communities of support.
Click "Apply Now" and register
Complete the online application form
- The Applicant is primarily in the business of producing professional media content
- Headquartered in Canada
- A for-profit taxable corporation (within the meaning of Canada’s Income Tax Act)
- A Canadian-controlled company (Sections 26 to 28 of the Investment Canada Act)
- The owner and controller of all the rights necessary to produce the web series and to distribute and exploit it throughout the world in all manner, languages and media in perpetuity
- Able to demonstrate a successful track record delivering quality content of comparable size and scope
Web Series Checklist
- The series will demonstrate the potential to entertain, engage and enlighten the health choices of Canadians
- Will be targeted to caregiver audiences in Canada. The caregiving theme will appear prominently in the central storyline or in sub-plots
- Scripted and unscripted genres are eligible including for example drama, comedy, lifestyle, magazine, variety, reality, documentary, etc.
- Will be produced in the English language
- Will be at least 8 related episodes between 3 to 6 minutes in duration per episode
- Will be produced in Canada with at least 75% of eligible costs being Canadian costs
- Will be closed captioned and contain described video
- Has additional sources of financing comprising at least 25% of the budget (producer deferrals accepted)